Yesterday, the Victorian Government announced that, on the advice of the Victorian Chief Health Officer, regional and rural Victoria will move to Stage 3 restrictions and metropolitan Melbourne will move to Stage 4 restrictions to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
These requirements apply to all schools across the government, Catholic and independent sectors and across all metropolitan Melbourne and rural and regional Victoria.
The changes to schools’ operations will come into effect from Wednesday 5 August, following a student free day on Tuesday 4 August, and are likely to apply until the end of Term 3.
As outlined in the Chief Health Officer’s advice on Friday, schools remain safe places for staff and students – but these steps are critical measures to reduce the movement of students and families across the state. There are implications for schools our school, and for families in our school community. A summary of what the changes mean for schools in Rural and Regional Victoria is below.
RURAL AND REGIONAL VICTORIA
PREP TO YEAR 10
- Prep to Year 10 students will move to remote and flexible learning.
- On-site supervision in rural and regional Victoria will be available to:
- Children whose parents cannot work from home
- Vulnerable children
- Any child with a disability
SENIOR SECONDARY YEAR 11 AND 12 (VCE AND VCAL)
- All Year 11 and 12 provision for both VCE and VCAL will move to remote and flexible learning.
- The GAT will be rescheduled from Wednesday 9 September to Wednesday 7 October.
- The schedule for the VCE examinations and release of results will remain as previously advised.
- Further information about consideration of disadvantage and coronavirus (COVID-19) will be provided shortly.
- Any child enrolled in a specialist school in rural and regional Victoria will be able to continue to attend.
- Any parent of a child enrolled in a specialist school in rural and regional Victoria who wishes to keep their child at home can do so, and where possible, the school can provide learning materials and activities for the child and their parent to complete at home.
- Tuesday 4 August will be a student-free day across Victoria (including special schools)
- Wednesday 5 August will be the first day of new arrangements for schools across Victoria, however Belvoir Special School will continue to operate as normal.
Thank you for your understanding and support.